December 26, 2006
December 25, 2005
- Additions to the Discography include Karl Jenkins' albums Tlep, Kiri Sings Karl, and Requiem as well as the Jenkins & Adiemus The Essential Collection and artwork for the Japanese versions of Vocalise. These albums as well as Miriam Stockley's new solo album Eternal and a repressing of Second Nature have been added to the Music Store. The Discussion board software refresh is complete. Happy holidays from the UHP team.
March 28, 2004
- Karl Jenkins Music continues to underwrite the Unofficial Homepage with financial support for web hosting by F2S for 2006. Happy holidays from the UHP team.
December 27, 2001
- You can now order Adiemus Vocalise, Essential Adiemus and The Armed Man: Mass For Peace from our online store and read full details of these three release in the discography. Support the artists and the website by getting your copies of these albums today! Additional information from Adiemus is provided as soon as it arrives with us from the artists.
December 22, 2001
- You can now order Adiemus Live! from our online store. Support the artists and the website by getting your copy today!
October 10, 2001
- We are pleased to announce that Karl Jenkins Music has agreed to sponsor the Unofficial Adiemus Homepage. In additional to their commercial backing, it is envisaged that the sponsorship will shorten the distance between enthusiasts and the artists. Under the terms of this sponsorship, the website will remain under its current management and will continue to evolve with input from our online guests. Please join us in thanking KJM for their support!
October 9, 2001
- Correspondent Paul Van Vliet's and indepth review of The Armed Man: A Mass For Peace is now available at the Adiemus UHP. Although you can access it through the discography, you may also click here to view it now!
July 24, 2001
- The Discography has been updated with details of the Adiemus Live album scheduled for release on October 29, 2001 (in the United Kingdom and other territories). Stay tuned for further details!
- Virgin Records Ltd have confirmed there are no plans for a VHS or DVD release of the Adiemus live performance (recorded at Cardiff) at this time.
- The Discography has been updated with details of Karl Jenkins' album The Armed Man: A Mass For Peace which was released September 10, 2001 (in the United Kingdom and other territories). Links to our correspondents' reviews will be provided in due course.
July 22, 2001
- Lyrics for selected pieces from Journey: The Best of Adiemus transcribed by Suvi Kaikkonen have been added to the discography and are now available as a download.
July 21, 2001
- The Sound Gallery has been updated with six RealAudio clips from Adiemus IV: The Eternal Knot. Be sure to check them out!
- Now affiliated with amazon.com, an extensive update to our Music Store has been made with new entries for Adiemus IV: The Eternal Knot and Journey: The Best of Adiemus as well as various imported editions and new various artist compilations. You can now also order Miriam Stockley's solo album Miriam and further compilations featuring her vocal work in our online store.
July 20, 2001
- A full page advertisement for upcoming Adiemus concerts received from our Japanese correspondents is now available online. Click here (57 KB) for the front page and here (158 KB) for the back page.
updated January 23, 2001
- An entry for Jenkins' Dewi Sant has been added to the discography along with lyrics provided by Suvi Kaikkonen now available as a download. The webmasters have also done a general cleanup of the discography, splitting it into three sections: (1) Adiemus Albums, (2) Other Karl Jenkins Recordings and (3) Alternate Pressings and Singles. Frequent visitors will notice other small changes in other areas of the site performed during the last six months.
January 16, 2001
- Lyrics for "Beyond The Century" have been provided by Phil George and added to the lyrics file for Dances Of Time. This track first appeared on the Japanese Special Edition of the album. You'll find this as a bonus track listed at the end of the file. An alternate version was submitted by Suvi Kaikkonen and it is available as a download within the lyrics file.
January 13, 2001
- Lyrics for The Eternal Knot have been provided by Suvi Kaikkonen and are now available for download from a link in the Discography. Details of the Adiemus Worldwide Fan Club have also been added to the FAQ and Links pages.
January 7, 2001
- Numerous corrections and updates have been made across the site based on inputs from several regular correspondents. The Imagined Oceans lyrics have had a major update while the FAQ and Discography sections have had a range of corrections to bring them up to date. The new location of the website appears to have been found by enthusiasts. It also appears that our server's performance has been brilliant.
January 6, 2001
- Our Discography has been brought up to date and now includes entries for the Japanese Special Edition of Dances of Time, The Journey and The Eternal Knot.
August 1999 - December 2000
- A hearty clammoring of fan traffic led to the rehosting of the site at http://www.adiemus.f2s.com/ under the leadership of Mark and Russ Elliot, webmasters of the Official Miriam Stockley website. Minor updates were performed in the initial rehost but the team have established firm plans to bring it up to date and actively maintain it. Inputs on direction and content will be gratefully accepted and should be directed to the webmasters at email@example.com.
July 8, 1999
- The Unofficial Adiemus Homepage was re-opened at http://www.ryandelaney.com/adiemus under the stewardship of Ryan DeLaney with assistance from the former webmaster and site designer. Few changes the original site design were made and it had few updates during the period. The site's discussion area had significant and unmaintained traffic from enthusiasts. As 2000 came to a close the site went offline for about a month leaving its future uncertain.
- Important Announcement: This site will be closing up shop on July 20. Obviously there's a bit more to say about it than I can put here, so please read my post in the Discussion Area for further details. Ed Note: Noah's original message is no longer online.
June 29, 1999
- As you may already know by now, Miriam's eponymous (and glorious) Miriam album hit stores yesterday in Europe and the UK. As usual, no word yet on a US release—if past performance with Adiemus US releases is any indication, it may literally be a new millennium before we see it released here... *sigh*.
June 2, 1999
- Announcing an excellent new website sure to be of great interest to many people here: Miriam Stockley's Official Website, created and webmastered by none other than my friend Russ Elliot. Includes a complete discography, RealAudio clips, photos, a discussion board, and much more. Be sure to stop by and offer some "praise" =) for the great job he did!
May 15, 1999
- (Sorry I've been "away" a while...) My thanks to Russ Elliot for sending me the cover of the Japanese Dances of Time Special Edition (now in the Image Gallery) and a link to this excellent Sound on Sound article on Miriam Stockley.
April 14, 1999
- Thanks to Suvi Kaikkonen for the following tidbits of news on Miriam Stockley: her solo album (now apparently entitled Miriam) is set for release May 31, and tomorrow (April 15) is Miriam's birthday—so needless to say, the very happiest of birthday wishes to her. =)
March 31, 1999
- Removed the "Noah's Notes" and related sound clips from the Music Store (they weren't helping sell enough non-Adiemus CD's to justify the space they take up).
March 24, 1999
- As "promised" below, Dances of Time has *finally* been released in the U.S.
- And, on that note, today also happens to be this site's 2nd anniversary ("happy birthday to us, happy birthday to us..."). My great and continued thanks to everyone who has supported this lil' corner of the web (not to mention including putting up with me!) over the past two years. =)
February 25, 1999
- Added the U.S. edition of Dances of Time to the Music Store (at present, it's an advance order; apparently the release date has been bumped up to March 23. *sigh*. At least the U.S. edition is cheaper than the import, so you might want to order this one if the import's price has held you back).
February 21, 1999
- Added a link to John Rice's excellent new Unofficial Praise Site, a tribute to the now-defunct group and their out-of-print album which featured Miriam Stockley on vocals.
February 10, 1999
- Ready for something special? 'Tis my great honour to world-premiere two original songs from "our own" Justin Elswick in the Sound Gallery. (I know this has nothing to do with Adiemus, but hey—it's my site, I like the guy, *and* I happen to think he's immensely talented, so...) Feel free to give it a listen, and remember when he appears on Pure Moods III or IV a few years from now, you heard him here first. =)
January 26, 1999
- Added Delerium's "Karma" (which has very quickly become one of my fave CD's) and Alkaemy's "The Merlin Mystery", featuring Miriam Stockley on vocals, to the Music Store. (A RealAudio clip for the latter will probably be forthcoming once my copy arrives...)
January 17, 1999
- Expanded the Music Store with a "Noah's Notes" section, featuring several brand-new RealAudio clips—a selection of some of my favourite vaguely (and not so vaguely) "related" artists' CD's. Although the Music Store *does* help support the continued existence of this site—and my HUGE thanks to those that have bought from it!—this also makes for a nice way for me to directly share with you (especially with the addition of nearly 1½ megabytes' worth of RealAudio clips) some of my favourite and most beloved music ... so I hope a few of you might find it worthwhile, if not worth purchasing. =)
January 13, 1999
- As this thread points out, apparently Karl has made some Christmas music—though sadly unavailable (so far?) for sale. This Boosey & Hawkes link has sound clips and score samples, however.
- Also, my thanks to Paul van Vliet for discovering this new official Virgin UK site (and a very beautiful and well-done site at that!) for Adiemus, mainly focusing on Dances of Time.
January 8, 1999
January 4, 1999
- Added scans of the cassette cover of Palladio (aka Diamond Music) to the Image Gallery, courtesy of Alan Gauton.
- Also, my thanks to Trevor White for posting about Billboard Magazine's date of February 23rd for the U.S. release date of Dances of Time. (I have to agree with the frustration felt on this—why *has* it always taken so long for the Adiemus/Jenkins albums to come out here? And when will there be a U.S. concert, for that matter? Anyhow, my apologies for wondering out loud...) In the meantime, feel free to order the import of Dances of Time (with bonus track) from our Music Store, of course. =)
January 2, 1999
- Several new RealAudio clips have been added to the Sound Gallery, with two more clips apiece for Cantata Mundi and Dances of Time—including clips for the CM bonus tracks "Cantilena" and "Elegia", and the DoT bonus track "Tango"—as well as two clips apiece for Diamond Music and Imagined Oceans. And of course, best wishes for a Happy New Year to everyone! (If the Year 2000 bug takes place, does that mean we should party like it's 1899?)
Christmas Eve, 1998
- The temperature has apparently taken a severe plunge in a certain infernal netherworld, for at long last, a Sound Gallery featuring clips of selected songs from the Adiemus albums has *finally* been added. =) (A clip or two from Diamond Music and Imagined Oceans will probably be forthcoming; also, take note that the MIDI files have been moved to this page.) Each high-quality sound clip is in RealAudio format and is approximately 30 seconds long; you'll need the latest version of the RealAudio player/plug-in to listen to them. (Click here to visit the RealNetworks site to download it if necessary.) Once again, Merry Everything and Happy Holidays to one and all. =)
Holiday Season 1998
- Best wishes for a happy Christmas, Hanukkah, Kwanzaa, Ramadan, Winter Solstice, Boxing Day, New Year's, and/or <insert preferred pretext for holiday celebration here if desired or appropriate> (*whew*) to one and all. =)
December 7, 1998
- My thanks to Suvi once again, this time for providing transcriptions of the Dances of Time lyrics, now available in the Discography.
December 2, 1998
- Updated the links for Miriam Stockley's and Mary Carewe's official sites, as well as Mary's e-mail address. (As an FYI aside, Mary's excellent Blah, Blah, Blah solo CD can only be ordered from her site.) My thanks to Suvi Kaikkonen for bringing the updated links to my attention.
December 1, 1998
- I'm back! =) Although I've managed to look in once in a while since the flood, I'm "officially" fully back online now, having just finished a makeover of my homepage(s). Many of the pages here have been updated (I've freshened the FAQ a little bit, and—of course—I've added Dances of Time and Pure Moods II to the Music Store ... I'm expecting to receive my first much-needed check from it soon, so thank you to everyone that has helped support the continued existence of this site by ordering from it!)—if I've overlooked any updates that need to be made, please feel free to kick me in the pants about it... er, that is, *write* to me about it. ;)
- Also, be sure to check out Russ Elliot's new Miriam Stockley's Official Website, an excellent and thorough resource devoted to Miriam's work. [Ed. Note: This update originally linked to the Unofficial Miriam Stockley Discography which has since been taken offline with the advent of Miriam's Official Website. The discography has been incorporated there.]
- Finally, but most importantly, thank you all for being patient with me, and most of all, my heartfelt thanks to those particular special people (you know who you are!) who reached out to me and offered me their friendship and support during this very difficult time in my life ... I can only hope I've managed to convey to you how much it has meant to me.
October 19, 1998
- IMPORTANT NOTICE: I will NOT be responding to any Adiemus-related e-mails or performing any updates on this site for quite a while; if you have heard about the floods that hit south Texas recently, my home was one of the casualties. We had to evacuate, and we've lost a great deal, including much that can never be replaced; but we're okay, and we have food, running water, shelter, and (obviously) intermittent power ... so I am thankful, as many right now (including many neighbors) are much worse off than we are. Still, I'm going to be too consumed with taking care of my family and my home for a while to focus any energy on the Adiemus site—and with the releases of Adiemus III and Miriam's solo album, I know this is a particularly bad time for that, but unfortunately I have no choice. Thank you for your understanding and your support in this very difficult time.
October 14, 1998
- As you might have seen on the board already, Moshe Jacobson has set up an Adiemus mailing list. To join, send an e-mail with the line SUBSCRIBE ADIEMUS in the body, to firstname.lastname@example.org, and after receiving a confirmation message, write to email@example.com to send messages to the list.
October 8, 1998
- Discography information (track listings) for Dances of Time, taken from the UK edition, has been added to (where else?) the Discography—once again with great thanks to Russell Elliot.
October 6, 1998
- The first images from Dances of Time (the promotional CD version; not sure yet if this version of the cover will be the same as the standard CD) are now available in the Image Gallery, both courtesy of Russell W. Elliot—my great thanks to him for the scans. =)
October 4, 1998
- The latest info on Adiemus III: Dances of Time, once again courtesy of the terrific Kyle Kinkade: it will be released in Europe on October 12th (instead of the 3rd, as previously reported), and (unfortunately) won't be released here in the U.S. until January or February of next year. (But *why*?!? <sigh>)
September 27, 1998
- Expanded the Music Store to include several "related artists" (i.e. if you love the music of Adiemus, you might also enjoy some of these other CD's). The special selections include Enya, Enigma, Loreena McKennitt, and the Elevation compilation CD (featuring Miriam Stockley's "Massai Rain") ... all now available to be purchased directly from this site. =)
September 26, 1998
- Made an e-mail page [removed between site changes] (where simply my e-mail link was before) with a quick question-and-answer guide, to provide instant answers to almost all of the e-mails I get every day with Adiemus-related questions. I hope it proves to be somewhat helpful for some. =)
September 14, 1998
- Kyle Kinkade tells me that the Japanese version of Adiemus III: Dances of Time, with (in what seems to be a tradition now!) "bonus" tracks, will be released on September 23; the European release date still looks to be October 3rd, with no word yet on a release here in the States. (And of course, when it -does- come out, you'll want to buy it from our Music Store and help a poor, friendly webmaster desperately in need of a little pocket change, won't you?) ;)
August 28, 1998
- My thanks to Will Chafin for posting details on the upcoming release of Adiemus III, including the title (Dances of Time) and the date (October 3rd in Europe).
August 13, 1998
- Added another set of alternate "official" lyrics for Cantata Mundi to the Discography, once again courtesy of Suvi Kaikkonen. (Apologies for the incompleteness in this set of lyrics—"official" lyrics were not available for many of the songs.)
August 8, 1998
- Added an alternate ("official", i.e., taken from the sheet music) set of lyrics for Songs of Sanctuary to the Discography, courtesy of Suvi Kaikkonen.
- Also, the sale for our Music Store (see below for more about the sale) has been extended to August 11th.
July 27, 1998
- www.karljenkins.com, the official Adiemus/Jenkins site, is now online. Thanks to Suvi once again, for being the first to let me know.
July 25, 1998
- Added lyrics for "Song of the Spirit", "Song of Tears", "Song of the Trinity", "Amaté Adea" and "Hymn" (and a corrected "Roosh Ka Ma") to the Discography, courtesy of Moshe Jacobson.
- Also, my thanks to Kyle Kinkade for the following tidbits on Miriam Stockley's upcoming solo album: The title is MIRI, to be released in or around January 1999 on Earthtone Records. A song called "Massai Rain" from the album was recently released on the compilation CD Elevation, also by Earthtone Records. (I've just picked it up, and yes, the song is magnificent!) Stay tuned for more details when/if they become available...
July 23, 1998
- Just a quick note to mention that CD Now is currently having a storewide sale in celebration of its 4th anniversary—and what that translates into -here- is: you can currently get up to 30% off the Adiemus/Jenkins CD's in our Music Store. Special offer ends August 4th. (I'm not a walking commercial in real life, really I'm not...)
July 8, 1998
- Finally added Imagined Oceans to the Discography, with lyrics (transcribed by Suvi Kaikkonen, who deserves a great deal of praise for the effort!). Remember you can buy Imagined Oceans, as well as the other Adiemus/Jenkins CD's, from our online Music Store anytime (okay, I'll stop plugging that now, I promise). =)
- And be sure to check out Miriam's post in which she mentions Adiemus III and her own upcoming solo album ... just to show you how "away" I've been, I've been kicking myself for not noticing until now. ;)
- Finally, my apologies again for my recurring away-ness, and thank you once again to those that have offered their support...
June 26, 1998
- Added Pure Moods to the Music Store.
- Also added information about a German CD single of "Adiemus" to the Discography, courtesy of Kyle Kinkade.
June 25, 1998
- Major new addition time: the Music Store! In association with CD Now (and with Richard's approval), you can now order the Adiemus/Jenkins CD's—including Songs of Sanctuary, Cantata Mundi, Diamond Music and the new Imagined Oceans—directly from this site! (As a bonus, if you order before the end of June, you'll receive $10 off for any orders totalling over $20.) Enjoy. =)
- Speaking of Imagined Oceans—look for it in the Discography soon, along with transcribed lyrics courtesy of Suvi Kaikkonen. I still have to buy my own copy... ;)